Besides the technical obstacles to overcome when learning to wrap your own coils, the only real drawback of RBAs is the permanent danger if using them in a wrong way. We are talking about doing harm or killing yourself or those around you.
It is not a very pleasant part of the electronic smoking of electronic cigarettes, but that’s the reality. There are people today using RBAs who have not the least notion of this process. They lack even a basic understanding of electrical engineering and are not thinking and caring about the consequences of an action.
That is why, always bear in mind rebuildables are intended for experts, not average or inexperienced beginner vapers with no multimeter or knowledge of how to use a meter, or when a meter must be used, or how electronic devices work. These materials cannot safely be used by r those without basic knowledge of electronics.
Follow the basic instructions:
1. A rebuildable coil/wick MUST be tested carefully with a meter before it is used.
2. If it is not tested it is absolutely the risk of the user.
3. Faulty wicks/coils WILL blow electronic devices.
4. New coil/wick units must be tested and then used first on a strong basic electrical APV that has short circuit protection.
5. No new coil/wick assembly should be used on an electronic device until known to be safe.
6. These items destroy electronic devices if working unreliably. This is a known issue.
If you do everything properly, in the right order, your electronic smoking will turn out to be incredible and special.